Re:

It also occurs while on the train, in a room full of computers, or
wherever there is a repetitive sound. Thats why I like riding
trains....there so much music to be heard!!

Anyway, amongst others, there was one that said "you know you're a
raver/techno freak when you find yourself nodding your head to th
tribal sounds of a washing machine".

I used to work at a Kinko's and I found that environment was a rich source of metal on metal beats. Folding machines, multiple large Xerox machines churning out copies wich big "ka-chung" sounds, the hum of computers, staple machines, the high pitch "zip" sound of color copiers....
it was the only redeeming character of that place.
I made several poor quality tapes of the sounds for future use.

Fred