Sorry I have too short of an attention span to read a whole thread, but
I'd just thought I'd share my morsel.
If you listen to enough dance music or just music in general you can feel
when to drop the next record
(without out actually pointing at digits), I know you've been over that.
My experience is that my mixtapes come out a lot better if I just go with
the flow, with a Minor influence of
what goes with what, and what even to play.

Some of my best tapes (mixing-wise) are when I crack open my package from
Groovetech and just pop a blank in and go.
There is such an Immediacy with the music, no preconceptions, just the
initial feeling of the sound like any other listener,
not a "disc jockey" with preconceived notions of what's coming around the
corner, or not trying to hold on to a mix for too long.

try it, if you have the funk/force when it comes to the beat you'll know
what I'm sayin'.

C M

np: Souls of Mischief - We Intersect

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!