kent williams wrote:
The Detroit Techno producers I've met are by and large pretty
hard-headed, straight edge guys.  A few, I know, are committed
church-going Christians, but they aren't so rigid as to stay away from
playing clubs and parties.
Sure, same here I have no problem with it at all, in fact me and Rob Hood get on like a house on fire and I've never met anyone as big on G.O.D, I'd rather talk to Rob than someone as smug as Dawkins any day of the week.

 It seems that the mystic bent is confined
to a minority of artists, the ones you cite being from the UK.
Nah, PWOG are from Holland and I've met loads of other people interested in thinking outside the box.

I never really know how to take it, except I have more patience for it
from artists who I respect, e.g. Ken Downie.
He's chuffed and says cheers

 When it comes to Gen P
Orridge, I think for him music has usually taken a back seat to saying
whatever ridiculous sh1t occurs to him, so long as it makes him the
center of attention.  I've listened to a lot of it, out of deference
to his involvement in several seminal projects, but once he got fake
boobs, I lost all tolerance for it.
Gen is a talented man but instead of having good people around him, he goes for yes-men. I remember when Fred came over, he should have listened to Fred cos PTV would have gone to the next stage if he had...but then techno was never about rock and roll...