I've come across a few people who consider themselves techno producers who
don't like anything having to do with Detroit

(and, being good little ignorant idiots, they've played at afterhours
parties @ Movement)

MEK

kent williams <chaircrus...@gmail.com> wrote on 09/08/2009 01:55:09 PM:

> I think the Beatportal list reflects an idea of techno as strictly
> having the 4 to the floor beat.  A lot of the early tracks had more of
> an Electro beat.
>
> I have a friend in Seattle who was an old school raver, was (and is) a
> good techno producer, and he'd didn't know "Strings Of Life" and
> dismissed it as a big room hands in the air house anthem.
>
> You can't assume everyone agrees about even what techno is, at this
> point.  And while Detroit techno fans think of their definition is the
> one true techno, you will have a hard time convincing people that it
> is, in fact, the "real" techno.
>

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Lori Draper<girly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Agreed, No UFOs or at least Cybotron's Techno City should be on this.
WTF.

> > On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:42 PM, David Powers<cybo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> While debatable, the list was better than I expected. 25% Detroit is
> >> pretty good considering it's only one city in the world.
> >>
> >> If I was doing the list I would put in "No UFO's" or "Cosmic Cars"
and
> >> something by Derrick May.
> >>
> >> ~DP

 My

> should-know/

> techno tracks' list.

Disclaimer
The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and
confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are
copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited.  When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information
contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and
conditions in any governing contract. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.