From: kent williams
To: list 313
Sent: Nov 10, 2009 11:24 AM
Subject: (313) Beatport Apparel?

Why leave strangers wondering if you're a douchebag, when you can wear
a Beatport T Shirt and remove all doubt?

http://www.beatportbrandshop.com/?utm_campaign=bp_brandshop_launch_111009

The most interesting thing to deconstruct here is the price.  They're
paying about $7 per shirt delivered, and charging $24 (and $28 for
women, which is rank discrimination imho), which means they're selling
Design and Image here, not just trying to promote their business.  Are
there really people out there who think it's worth a $15-20 premium to
have a shirt advertising that they buy downloads from Beatport?

And I'll pre-respond -- yes I know respected 313-ers work at Beatport
now, and I know it's not really about Detroit techno.  It just vexed
me.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T