On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Odeluga, Ken <ken.odel...@dowjones.com> wrote:

> I'm just suggesting that the non-music trivia seems to make up the bulk of
> what gets discussed nowadays, that's all.

I think my original post that started this thread was very much on
topic and music-focused for what it's worth.   I think it's exciting
to hear cool music from ZA that has obvious Detroit Techno influence.
Africans taking techno and house and making their own thing out of it
is a 600 year circle completed.

> I hope it's not going to stay like this, but I fear what with
>  twitterfacebookbuzz etc, the days of the e-mail list might be numbered.

Well the list will be here, as long as Brian Behlendorf keeps
Hyperreal.org alive.  It might be low traffic, permanently, but that's
OK by me. I get enough traffic as it is.