From: David Powers [mailto:cybo...@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 February 2010 16:12
To: list 313
Subject: Re: (313) The Long Arm Of DJ Rolando

Personally, I feel an email list is for literate people who actually
use sentences and paragraphs and have substantial ideas and opinions.
One rarely sees that on forums, and twitter and facebook aren't worth
mentioning as mediums of actual communication.

It seems that people are losing either the desire or the ability to
communicate at all using written language. If you ask me, even chimps
could probably learn to twitter...

That being said, something's going on here and I wonder if it has more
to do with diverging musical tastes, or lack of interest in Detroit
music. I've noticed Andrew Duke and I posting on-topic messages about
actual music we like, including but not limited to 313 music, and
there was absolutely no response.

Theories:
1. People on the list aren't buying new music, or
2. People are buying new music, but they don't want to discuss it, or
3. Our tastes just don't coincide so we have too little common ground
for discussion, or
4. People's need for communication is indeed fulfilled through other
outlets such as forums and facebook, etc.

~David

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Odeluga, Ken <ken.odel...@dowjones.com>
wrote:
> Hey man, you won't find no po face on me either, so relax :)
>
> I'm just suggesting that the non-music trivia seems to make up the
bulk of what gets discussed nowadays, that's all.

> I hope it's not going to stay like this, but I fear what with
twitterfacebookbuzz etc, the days of the e-mail list might be numbered.

> Ken

all the time. I thought it was the opposite actually, but I guess that's
so outside the usual vibe here that I must be wrong.

> --
> matt kane's brain
> http://hydrogenproject.com
> capoeira in boston http://capoeirageraisboston.com aim -> mkbatwerk ;
y! -> mkb218 ; gtalk -> mkb.dirtyorg I need your sounds!
http://nynex.hydrogenproject.com

Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify postmas...@channel4.co.uk

Thank You.

Channel Four Television Corporation, created by statute under English law, is
at 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX .

4 Ventures Limited (Company No. 04106849), incorporated in England and Wales
has its registered office at 124 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2TX.

VAT no: GB 626475817