Further clips.

http://www.bombay-connection.com/en_GB/site/page/1/releases

There loads of soundtrack based rock and roll/funk/disco/rap in
Bollywood movies as it tends to follow Hollywood music and western
popular music of the time. But this seems like a isolated development.
I guess Charanjit Singh could have been listening Moroder for want of
a better example but the Disco Ragas are more acid-ic and not of the
same ilk as Moroder, Kraftwerk.