> so should I perhaps park my car at one of the hotels valets and take a cab
> to the event?  How bad is the neighborhood at the event?
>
> darw_n

no. that won't be necessary.  its a pretty safe area.  and detroit, in
general, is not nearly as unsafe as out-of-towners think.  i think the
national media / folklore gives the impression that you shouldn't go
downtown detroit unless you are wearing body armor and packing your a-k.
st andrews is probably in one of the safer areas - right next to
greek town.  there's actually a parking lot directly at the back
door. . .peace.

kyle