From: Robert Taylor [mailto:rdtay...@channel4.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:31 AM
To: Odeluga, Ken; Alex Lugo; Joe Marougi
Cc: 313
Subject: RE: (313) the face may 1988?

Yazz not Yaz Ken :D

Rob Taylor
VT Librarian
x8599
Hatch Desk x1088
 VT Library Users' Guide

-----Original Message-----
From: Odeluga, Ken [mailto:ken.odel...@dowjones.com]
Sent: 15 June 2010 07:22
To: 'Alex Lugo'; Joe Marougi
Cc: 313

Somewhere along the line you chaps have become hopelessly confused, I'm
afraid to say.

1. That is NOT Alison Moyet on the cover.

Alison Moyet was in the UK group Yazoo [with Vince Clarke], AKA Yaz in
the US for copyright considerations.

2. The woman on the cover is a woman who was a UK pop-house act called
'Yaz', late '80s, early '90s.

3. Eric is NOT Vince Clarke. Vince Clarke left Depeche Mode after their
first big hits and commenced a series of projects, including the one
with Alison Moyet, afterwards.

4. The 'Eric' referred to on Yazoo's first LP called 'Upstairs at Eric'
is not a real person of course.

But it is a hint about a real person who was associated with Yazoo early
on: one Mr. Eric C. Radcliffe. [E.C. Radcliffe on the liner notes of the
LP].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Radcliffe

He was a sort of arranger/ manager/ engineer / producer / all-round
figure who knows a lot but prefers to skulk around in the background,
from what I understand.

Now I hope you all were listening, because tomorrow, there will be a
test.

Ken