Does anyone have any recommendations for music visualization software?  I.e.
something that makes fancy patterns on a PC screen in
time to music?

Only just started looking into it and seen Vusic and Whitecap.

Particular requirements are; must work off line input to the PC - so I can get
the patterns to play along with what I'm playing on
vinyl.  Other than that I just want something basic and easy to use that isn't
going to take half the power of my hardware
(presumably the inclusion of visualisations in many media players, seemingly
without too much of a hit means this doesn't have to be
the case).