From: jason k <jasonk1...@gmail.com>
To: list 313 <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Mon, July 12, 2010 9:46:57 PM
Subject: Re: (313) detroit music

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM, j k <jasonk1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> anybody buy any good records lately?

I been on a tear lately, buying all kinds of records over the past 5
weeks, some new some old. here goes; complete with a pitch on why I
picked them up/ Im covering a lot of ground ... forgive the typos and
whatnot :) This is just the stuff directly connected to michigan

James T Cotton* - On Time - Spectral :One of the best releases on
spectral. Some great stuff by cotton in typical broken  style with a
touch of drexciyan type electro on one cut

Osborne / TNT (13) - Outta Sight -Spectral:  The TNT track l8 is a
gem. Cant remember what it sounds like  now, but i remember really
liking it.

2 AM/FM - Pt. 2 - Spectral :  the track acid planes is a mind melt. of
folded over vocals and intricate feedback

Kavinsky - Teddy Boy - Record Makers: The heinrich mueller steals the
show, when doesnt it? Like a ride through a haunted house.

Kyle Hall - Kaychunk - hyperdub: You  already know about this one, if
not grab a copy today, unique shifting over excellent harmony.

Kyle Hall- Perfekt sin- wildoats : I like it, its jazzy. but to be
honest it wasnt what i was expecting. Dont know how Im gonna find room
in a set for it.

PARRISH, Theo    Ugly Edits Vol 2   unknown label US   12"   UGEDT 02
- Had a legit copy before but sold it a while back when i was hurting
for dough. not much has changed i guess, but i found a copy on juno.
not sure its a bootleg or not, but whatever. I always thought that in
a way the bootlegging helped theo get exposure. but i digress, its the
love i lost and found again

Hundred In The Hands, The - Dressed In Dresden - Warp Records:  The
kyle hall remix of course!

Theo Parrish - Space Station / Going Through Changes (Sound
Signature): IMO best sound signature in ages. Theo really stepped up
on this one. bouncy drums andgreat sounding synth work. spacey, almost
like an AXIS record, but low key production theos known for

Various - Spectral Sound Vol. 1 (Spectral Sound)  got it for the
heiroglyphic being cut. Intruiging vocals and abstract music all
smashed up together.

Hieroglyphic Being - Dope Jams 3 Year Anniversary (Dope Jams) Only a
hundred pressed supposedly. I like the track with what sounds like a
bell on a clock tower. the first i heard from jamal moss was on the
spectral lable, so i kind of count him for this list.

Brian Aneurysm - Das Element Des Menschen (Spectral Sound): Mixes well
with J.T.C material

Various - Disco Nouveau: Addendum (Ghostly International) : Charles
Manier's tracks are just brutal! this one is no exception.

Various - State Of The Union EP (Spectral Sound) The JTC mix caught my
ear, but i cant remember how it went. :)

ViLLan X / 2AM/FM* - HeartBeat Crazy / Don't Front!!! (Nation) : Best
vocoder line ever "You dont have to front b*tch, Im sick of this sh*t"
Its like he summed up my life experience in dealing with women. just
kidding, dont get all mad.

Eddie "Flashin" Fowlkes* - One Dance / Stella (Global Cuts) a little
late on this one, but finally found a copy in good shape.

Various - The Deepest Shade Of Techno (Volume 1) (Reflective (2): I
can skip about every song on this except eddie fowlkes "check one"
wow. what a deep and moody cut. There is  a clip of the song on
youtube, you must hear this...

Kyle Hall - The Water Is Fine EP (Moods & Grooves) (12", EP) The EP is
fine too, as mentioned by others.

Space Dimension Controller - Journey To The Core Of The Unknown Sphere
(Royal Oak) Kyle hall  on the remix turning an average track into
gold.

Shadow People - Secret Society EP (Southern Outpost) Im trying to
finish off collecting southern outpost material. Is patrick still on
the list? if he is, man i apologize for sleeping on your label. its
greaat stuff. best of luck on future endeavors whatever they may be.

Martian 044 - Prayer Stick (Red Planet) Dream dancing.

Martian, The - Meet The Red Planet (Red Planet) better 18 years late
than never owning this record.

Martian, The - Firekeeper / Vortexual Conceptions  (Red Planet) Had
it, sold it a long time ago, wanted it back for firekeeper.

Martian, The - Particle Shower / The Voice Of Grandmother (Red Planet)
same as above, but for particle shower

Carl Craig - A Wonderful Life / As Time Goes By (Planet E) A
wonderful life sounds nice,  downtempo. Didnt think much of it a while
back when i first heard it, but really it might go in a slower electro
mix...well see...

R-Tyme - Use Me (Trance Fusion) (12", RE) great old school detroit music

Urban Culture - The Wonders Of Wishing (Eclipse Records) Remeber when
i asked the list what the track was and answered it before anyone
else? haha well i wanted it so i grabbed it.

Matthew Dear - EP1 (Spectral Sound) (12", EP) I bought it mostly for
the album artwork,  but wouldnt have bought it without good music on
the record as well. Laugua something and hammers are some of dear's
best work imo.

Octave One - Foundation EP (430 West) from back when Octave one was
releasing music i like to listen to. I just cant get into their new
stuff. This has grit (thankskent) and emotion. raw sounds, not super
condensed loud whatever. look im not a hater on o1, I just dont get
it...why did they chage something that sounded so unique and
beautiful?

AND NOW...the records currently in the postal system addressed to me:

Scan 7 - Dark Days / Bright Nights EP (8311 Music) hard to find cut by
s7, been waiting for it for a while. emotion of sound is promissing
basedon clips.

D-I-E* - Detroit In Effect (M.A.P. Records) one of the few maps that
remain uncharted. i expect upbeat take no prisoners electro funk

Digitek - The Return Of Mr. Sandman (Motor City Electro Company)
Upbeat electro to play on my radio show. :) kind of similar to the
shadow people release i mentioned earlier.

Shawn Rudiman - No Hope. No Fear. (Technoir Audio) skin on skin. only
the deepest techno beats from the guy. clips sound promising

Sheharzad, Pedro Cali, Jens Lodén - Yalla Yalla / Misty / First One
(Fine Art Recordings) the orlando voorn remix. (he's detroit enough!)
zombie mutant disco or whatever its called sounds like great quirky
down tempo electro. im expecting to pitch it up +8 just so it can
mingle with slow electro tunes.

ArD2 - 2084 The Mixes (Frigio Records) I think its arpanet on the
remix (without checking) or heinrich mueller. Either way its limited.
Here today gone today, and im not taking a chance on missing a release
by this man.

Various - Staedtizism 4 (~scape) the daniel bell track of star child.
some really laid back electro stuff. I like., its on youtube...

Kyle Hall - Worx Of Art EP 1 (Wild Oats)  I hearted ur gurl :)

Kyle Hall - The Dirty Thouz (Wild Oats)  Dunk jiggla. and im probably
the last guy to get it..

WHEW....thats it. hopefully  this list did some good for somebody.

Jason_ic loyal to discogs since '02!

 http://rejuvenationradio.blogspot.com/

more mixes on the way, just been busy with life.