Listening to the audio now -- very enjoyable.

I would point out that the origins of house -have- been the
subject of academic writing.  My friend Gonnie -- er Dr Hillegonda
Rietveld -- published her Ph.D. dissertation in 1998 as "This
Is Our House: House Music, Cultural Spaces and Technologies."
And there are others too, although I have to say they vary in
quality....

fh