I remember when it was easy to single out new local releases in brick & mortar
Detroit record stores.  A few weeks ago I visited the Dance-zone on Gratiot and
the record sales were so slow the clerk kept the door locked, lights off and
only opened by request.

  At this point you are correct about the market being saturated; perhaps seek
out newer digital local scenes within the midwest.  In Grand Rapids it seems
like the most successful is whoever is the most social and the 616 veterans are
fading into obscurity along with all the old school drama that's kept many
down.  Just saying: tons of new kids out there downloading music but I still
think the best way to connect with them is by going to events and partying,
lots of newer scenes in between Detroit and Chicago now.

DS