I never had the opportunity to meet Dan in person, but I definitely
felt like I knew him through the community that is 313.

He was instrumental in educating this guy, living in Sydney at the
time (about as far away from Detroit as you could get) via 313, his
excellent online Reverb Mag (took me forever to download those tiny
QuickTime movies, but it was my first quick glimpse at seeing Dan Bell
and Rob Hood live) and of course his Techno Rebels book. He was a true
ambassador of Detroit.

My sincere condolences go out to his family and his close friends, he
will be sorely missed.

- Patrick.