Dan's Techno Rebels is considered a bible here in Australia. Every DJ/ producer of note in Melbourne has a copy. It was such a key book.

I recall telling Visage bassist Barry Adamson he and Frequency 7 were mentioned in the book and he was stunned - he's a Mancunian guy now based in Sydney who plays blues. He just had no idea.

I was just extremely saddened to hear of Dan's passing.