Actually... you just reinforced my point... He made it sound like
HOUSE is a purely Chicago thing, and techno is what happens in
Detroit. But Detroit producers have made, and continue to make,
brilliant, original house music in their own right. Not just copying
what Chicago did, but doing their own take on things.

That story remains to be told, I think.

~David