Hello everyone,

Finally my second album is out and fully listenable from:
http://latvamaki.bandcamp.com/album/j-k-l

Here's what I wrote about it:

Back in 2009 when I started working with my debut album, I noticed that I
have too many songs to release just one album, so I divided them into two
different groups with different styles. Jäkälä (Lichen) is the follow-up
album to 2011 released album Rauta. Featuring 6 tracks with more organic
approach to electronic music where Rauta (iron) was more synthesized and
industrial in some way.

Most of these songs have traveled a long road with me. Some have started
their journey over seven years ago. At some points along the process I
thought they never see the light of day and reach the ears of the
listeners. Fortunately some of them were leaked out unfinished to the
internet many years ago, and I received a lot of feedback about them. This
feedback was a driving force for me in my aim to cross the finishing line
and apply the finishing touches to the music.

However, I didn't feel like polishing the music endlessly. In the process
of mixing and mastering them I had to constantly revert to versions which
dated many years back, just because they were much more original and
intuitive in their unprocessed form. I had to find a balance of rawness in
every track. While listening, you will find instruments and sounds that are
clearly bit too loud or unnecessarily harsh. This is something I have
preserved. It makes the songs play out more dangerously and unexpectedly
and as such they much better serve their purpose of being mirrors into my
soul.

I hope you like it!

Kind regards, Aki