Skrillex seems to be quite bright about what he does. How old is he? I'm under the impression that he's a guy in the early 20s - if that's true and he was already able to develop a musical background that allows him to reassemble everything that worked during the last 20 years of electronic dance music, that's something i can at least respect.

Funny as at Creamfields fest last year in Oz Derrick and Kevin played at the same time as Skrillex and the crowds were quite distinct. ;)

Skrillex is such a contentious figure now he avoids interviews or lays down conditions - it began with a facetious Guardian article. NME just did a story on this. It's a new trend starting among DJs now, wanting copy approval, question approval, etc, etc - of course it's never the real innovators or those with something interesting to say. You have no idea at some of the diva antics that go on these days... and the image consciousness. ;)