> The reviewer of this says "Adam Douglas only needs one reason to pick up
 Reason: it looks awesome." Notice he says it LOOKS awesome. I've heard on
 some of the musicmaking lists I belong to (where I know this would be more
 appropriate) that Reason has been indefinately delayed.

 With Reaktor, Max, Nord Modulars putting out the raw power, and VST2
 plugins that out-pretty Rebirth, I'd say the second coming of
 > Propellerheads' rave-o-lution is a mess.

The idea is correct, the implementation needs work. Sooner than later, most of your dedicated digital gear can be trashed in favor of it being in your computer. Later rather than sooner, your analog gear will find the same place, after being digitally modelled.

The next revolution won't be a piece of software, though. It'll be a new human/computer interface that will allow you to manipulate digital things more intuitively. Our mind and muscles operate in the analog, and that's the rub.

- Craig