cyclone wrote:
>The Musik and Maschine Techno Congress sounds very interesting and could be
>great but I have been unable to find any info on it, let alone any reports
>about what happened at it.

there is some information at http://www.musikundmaschine.com/

quote:
"The purpose of Musik und Maschine GmbH is to create a social
platform where interested and established figures in the
Techno Music Community can interact and explore subjects like:
history/status- quo/future, enhancing/expanding what we do,
creating contacts and relationships and many more opportunities
in the field and future of Techno Music. Musik and Maschine will
organize discussion groups, lectures, and summits as well as a
fair and various additional events to fulfill these goals."

"One of Musik und Maschine's intentions is to review Techno's
history and to trace connections between Germanys youth culture
and electronic music. Groups such as Kraftwerk and Tangerine
Dream are often named as the grandfathers of Techno. Furthermore
Kurt Schwitters, the Da Da Movement and Walter Ruttmanns film
"Diagonalsymphonien" from the 20's as well as George Antheils
"Ballett Mecanique" originate from the rich fund available for
the investigation of the phenomenon Techno.
Musik und Maschine is an initiative to research this area and
enhance an international communication on electronic music.
A close cooperation with the Humboldt University is planned in
this area."

ines

http://www.circonium.de