I spoke to Guetta only 6/8 months ago and he was very respectful - actually voiced concern that the young 'big' DJs don't know the history of the music (a protege didn't know Lil' Louis' French Kiss) and he thinks the US media covering 'EDM' should be better educating the masses about Detroit, Chicago...

To be fair, he is not wholly fluent in English and I think it often happens that he and some others express themselves badly. Also he may have said that as part of a long quote and they just truncated it, I can't say, but it happens now in a lot of media, so it seems abrupt.

I know at least one huge Dutch house DJ who didn't know who Juan Atkins is.

Also Guetta is hardly a babe - 40s, came up with Garnier, Mayday knows him.

Happily The Presets rave about UR in their interviews with Who (People) mag, etc...