Wow I had no idea those forums got that long in like, 2 days...

Can't believe the publicist went public, if the promotors had hired lawyers
LL should have got his own lawyers quickly onto it to shut it down and
negotiate an outcome.

On my quick analysis if it was unlikely that the promotors would get their
$ back the best thing for them was to just go public and "win" it that way
(even if it meant it showed how naive they were). Sadly, to recover $12000
by using lawyers is probably going to be a waste of $ - I can see a legal
bill about $5000 at least (which would cover 10 - 15 hours work), totally
not worth it.  Even if they got judgment there is the question of how it
could be enforced.