With a few exceptions, booking the famous Chicago DJs can be scary.  I
don't know if it comes from them living and working in a really sketchy
scene -- where most of them got ripped off by someone along the line,
probably many times -- but there's a lot of chaos and uncertainty and
no-shows involved.

We had one very famous Chicago DJ show up in our town, and I spent half the
night after the show driving around town looking a woman -- any woman --
who was interested in a _VERY_ personal appearance by the man.  He
disappeared upstairs with a girl at some random student crib about 3:30 AM
and I went home and crashed.  Found out next days that the promoters had
their (pretty meager) profit for the event erased when they had to pay
hundreds out for a demolished hotel room.

I won't name names.  I will name a few of the guys who were not a problem
-- Boo Williams, DJ Deeon, Gene Hunt, K Alexi, DJ Milton ...