From: benny blanco(r) [mailto:be...@blancodisco.com]
Sent: 04 December 2012 11:48
To: list 313; Paul Kendrick
Subject: Re: (313) Ask 313

Electron Industries / Sem / Octagon Man were always highlights for me when new
releases came out in the shops. Man... to get those colored vinyls in clear
sleeves seemed highly coveted cause only a handful would ever make it to town.

Nice story on Eddie of A13.
Closest I got to A13 (the label) was when Mark Broom came to DJ a small tour in
the US up in New Hampshire (when I lived in Boston at the time) to play with
Spacetime Continuum and then Autechre was the Headliner. Mark Killed it DJ'ing.
I was overly obsessed at the time and must carried up 5 or 6 Pure Plastic / A13
releases Mark Produced and had him sign the vinyl/sleeves

Soma might be an obvious label to mention too, but there are quite a few
releases that were NOT huge by any means.. and still pretty good.
Even some of Slam's non single Album cuts are quite worthy.

Paul...if I lived yer way... we'd totally be Mates by the sound of your Record
Collection..

Seems like the battery of UK Techno labels from the 90's are big sleepers in
the larger community of Techno, but seem to be coveted and admired greatly by
many of us that remain on this list. That is kinda comforting as I haven't
thought about them much unless a track happened to pop up in iTunes that I may
have digitally recorded.

I think this thread could carry on for weeks as peeps start digging through
their collections again and go... 'oh yeah, I remember that one!'

benny blanco(r)
blancodisco.com<http://blancodisco.com>

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:05 AM, Paul Kendrick
A13 was owned by a friend of mine Eddie, who lived in Southend on Sea in the
South of the UK, and the main route getting to London from Southend is the A13
and that's where the name came from, Eddie was really good mates with Mark
Broom and the Plaid guys. I saw him at Lost with Juan, Derrick and Kyle Hall
the other week losing his nut to Derrick's set and his still talking of
starting another label, and a club.
He'll be very pleased people rate A13 as highly as Ifach. He told me once he
still has loads of back cat unsold just sat around collecting dust.

Stuff I rate that no one else seems to;

Stasis and all the names he recorded under, but I really love the Paul W
Teebrooke and Other world collective stuff
Lee Purkis/In-Sync
All the stuff on Ferox but the Russ Gabriel stuff is excellent
Electronic Industries / Octagon Man / Sem

Im not sure how over looked it was but the Norma Jean Bell LP- Come in to my
room had some ace tracks on it, but the 2 for me are the ones co produced by
K-Hand;
Nobody and Feel what I like. I think it was massively passed over in the UK