I'd like to hear those sheffield guys you speak of.

The problem with "soulful house" or whatever anyone wants to call it
is (just like other genres) that it's a 90/10 rule (and that's
probably too generous) so that 90+% makes it easier to draw such
conclusions.

One could say the same for all those basic channel/mills bites I
guess.  Not that I listen to much other stuff so I can't really speak
on it.

Joe