I significantly moved forward with the Kerr Knoll music project following a diagnosis of one of my children with autism and the realisation that I am somewhat autistic too. I wondered if there was more to my deep-rooted interest in music. Thinking maybe I could do things with my productions that might be more atypical, and unexplored, and I was neglecting that since I stopped mixing records.

Recently I considered artists who could be my biggest influences and settled on James Stinson (as Drexciya), Neil Sutherland (as Neil Landstrumm), and Richard D. James (as Aphex Twin). I'm really very interested in those people, and anything they have to say.

My intention with my last track was to create an Electro Techno track inspired by Drexciya. It was the product of a Live Jam session in Ableton, where I'd set up a few things and bashed out an arrangement. It was too long so I cut parts out. It sounded out of key at points, so I changed maybe 2 notes and then it sounded melodic but not like Drexciya. Probably not even electro, but melodic techno.

http://soundcloud.com/kerr-knoll/salmon-run/s-AAYh6

I'd like to find my own style, but I'm not sure I can even be consistent with style. I'm all over the place musically.