Just read the Neil Landstrumm interview on Cognition Audioworks. Thanks Andrew for alerting me to the additional features/interviews archive page - http://cognitionaudioworks.com/read.html

I read & listened to the Drexciya interview a few weeks ago. I'd never seen anything like it, and very interesting insight into some thoughts, particularly with regard to it being a big world, big enough for all music - and not to worry when people don't like your music as there'll be someone out there that does. I've experienced this with things I make because someone can really dislike one track that another person can give a big thumbs up for. Interestingly, a few people here in Aberdeen have said they really like my Polar Expedition track, which is dark and I wonder if that's an Aberdeen techno kind of thing.

I collected a whole lot of Drexciya releases around 1998 as I was blown away with the strength of the sound. It was proper electro. I hadn't heard enough of it. He says something about people doing more of the trance-like electro, and he sets himself apart from that. There's a strong Detroit techno influence to it. I look at stuff by Anthony Rother and tend to agree with that point, but I love the Hacker album. The ringtone on my phone is the beginning of Datenbits. That's all heavily influenced by Kraftwerk, and Drexciya is much more unique.

Drexciya: http://cognitionaudioworks.com/drexciya.html

That interview with Neil Landstrumm is very interesting. Reading it I couldn't help but feel Burial could have been beaten to that whole cut & paste and degrading images concept that's also popular in techno these days. A truly artistic musician, thinker and pathfinder. I was interested to here a more recent interview with him on a podcast by Sunil Sharpe recently. At least I think it was that podcast but I couldn't find it when I looked for it again - as if it had been deleted. Maybe I got that mixed up.

Neil Landstrum: http://cognitionaudioworks.com/nl.htm