Politics aside, it's kind of crazy how the the track went from a free download to selling on discogs for over $100. Nice one Eamonn!

http://www.d1.ie/music.php?intLabelID=1
https://www.discogs.com/Fatima-Yamaha-A-Girl-Between-Two-Worlds-EP/master/810170 (1 for sale at $130 currently)

this article is interesting:
https://boilerroom.tv/fatima-yamaha-dekmantel/

Quoting Eamonn Doyle <d...@d1.ie>:

I can't think of any good reason for a European male to otherise themselves and present as a minority woman. Why? This is exoticizing the other, plain and simple.

What about an African male / South American male ? Japanese male ? He is Dutch - Surinamese as it happens. A minority woman ? Where ? In whose eyes ?

Eamonn / D1

There is already a dearth of actual women and minorities in the music game, the last thing we need is dudes pretending to be them. I'm sure he's a super nice guy, but it's beside the point.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Eamonn Doyle <d...@d1.ie <mailto:d...@d1.ie>> wrote:

> On 17 Sep 2016, at 16:55, Arturo Lopez <arturo.m.lo...@gmail.com <mailto:arturo.m.lo...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> It's my understanding this is a Dutch male recording as a woman?, bringing in orientalist nonsense and 'exotic' flavorings for no reason.

How do you know it was for no reason ?

He’s not a wanker actually.

FYI - 'What’s a girl to do' was originally released by us on D1 Recordings in 2004.

Eamonn / D1