The point of the 313 list is to discuss Detroit techno and related music.

To refer to the FAQ http://music.hyperreal.org/lists/313/05.html

"Thank you for inquiring about 313. This list was set up by myself to be a
forum for the discussion of Detroit techno artists or artists directly
influenced by Detroit techno artists. That said, it would be no great
coincidence if the list followed the same progression as techno music has.
That is, just as the works of the original Detroiters has provided the
framework on which much of techno music has been built upon so too should
the stated purpose of the list serve as the basis for broader discussion."

This is a quote from George Smiley, not me, as the FAQ states ;-)