Von: David A. Powers
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. Juni 2020 19:54
An: 313
Betreff: Serious Discussion--SciFi and AfroFuturism in techno

Can we have a serious discussion about the direction of the music?

One thing I've noticed over the years is that it appears that many of the SciFi
and AfroFuturist themes that I associate with Detroit techno have gradually
disappeared from the music over the years.

Why do you think this is? Has the meaning of techno changed in some ways? Is
this a response to the fact that we are living in dystopian times and people
have given up on the future?

(If I'm wrong PLEASE tell me where I can find recent music along these lines,
because I love it.)

~David