E.A.R. *is* Sonic Boom's project, but Mr. Shields has assisted
him - on the first album , at least - along with Kevin Martin.

I saw Sonic do a performance here in NYC a couple of years back where
all he used were about six Speak - N - Spells, all hotwired to create different tones and vocal sounds, along with an effects processor. The wall of sound he created was awesome.

There are photos from this performance at www.djphotos.com , if
anyone's innerested.

peace,

Jorge

Tristan wrote:

E.A.R. (Expierimental Audio Research) was a strange ambient project from
Kevin Shield of My Blood Valentine once upon a time. Kinda spotty stuff.
Could this be related to hiim?

i think E.A.R was the handywork of Pete Kember (aka Sonic Boom), and not
Kevin Shields.  oops, not all that Detroit related... never mind eh.

rob

ps:  also non-313 - the Blue Jam cd on Warp is hilarious.  insanely dark
humour... buy buy buy.