On 16 Nov 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Is it interesting though , this is a european car in design ,function
> and powertrain....The Focus was on the marketplace throughout europe ;long
> before it crossed the big lake to our shores.....
> There really isnt any 'Detroit' technology within this automobile.....
> ummm would it be safe to say that an american design, created in
> Detroit with typical american/Detroit values would be a more acceptable
> canidate?

Nope....given the fluidity of the artform itself (which originated in
Detroit, fled to Europe, then came back to Detroit...with stops in Iowa
among others along the way), I think it fits nicely.

> Besides these symantics; how does a car , in any way focus on
> Detroit techno?

I seem to remember an early interview with Juan Atkins talking about how
he was much more interested in Ford's robots than he was in Gordy's
music.....

(Berry Gordy, the founder of motown)

peace
lks