A 'safe' place to start is with the compositions of Steve Reich and Philip Glass. My recommendations are:

Steve Reich  - Electric Counterpoint
            - Music For 18 Musicians
Philip Glass - Solo Piano
            - Koyaanisqatsi (he seems to do a lot of film scores)

P.S: I also consider much of the work of Stewart Walker to fit into this broad category. Sure, it isn't classical in as much as it does not make use of 'classical' instrumentation. However, in terms of actual composition and structure, I feel his work (especially Stabiles) can be termed as such. 'Classical' and 'a classic'. What more could you ask for?