Tom Churchill
KRAFTWERK: Expo Remix (EMI Germany) double 12": Expo Remix (DJ Rolando
remix, Underground Resistance remix, "UR Thought 3", "UR Infiltrated" mixes,
Francois  K/Rob Rives mix, Orbital mix) (8896126)

Anyone bought it yet? I heard one of the UR mixes at the weekend and I
though it was pretty cool. Any more thoughts?
------------------------------

I  bought the double pack last week (vinyl)and played two versions last
Saturday:

- Underground Resistance remix:
funky bass, bleepy sounds, backward loops,
around 134 BPM (I slowed it down by  - 2.5).
Dimmed down electro voice mumbles about
a connection between Germany and Detroit.

- Francois K remix: slower (124 BPM), longer, cyclical,
'slap bass' programming, metalic percussive sounds,
a bit of an 80s techy feel enhanced by monotonous trigger sequence in 16s,
yet a production fit for the year 2000, while the German voice-over
gives the concept of the  "21st Century" a futuristic feel,
I'd call it the 'back to the future' version.

Those two versions do it for me, at different times of my set.

Cheers,

Hillegonda