also, i saw pacou, who was surprisngly very dissapointing. He is definitely
a much better producer than dj. Rob Hood, however, was incredible. His dj
set was phenominal and his live set was even better; his flawless live
performance and the live female vocals were definitely the highlight of the
night.

I'm not sure how I feel about Rob hood's live set. I'm a longtime fan of his music, but that set left me with mixed feelings. In some ways, it was interesting to hear his take on some classic tracks. In another, I really wonder what the "state of the art" is when techno producers start doing sets of mostly "covers." I thought covers were relegated to the classic rock set. What's next - a "retro" nostalgia phase of techno? A lot of people I know were really dissapointed. Which is certainly not to say you should have been, too. But it's a little distrubing when an aesthetic that prides itself on "innovation" starts reproducing earlier works verbatim, without really trying to make them into something new.