"Generate Power" on Strictly Rhythm has to be *the* benchmark 'Wild Pitch'
track.  I'm a bit obsessed with the Wild Pitch sound and try to collect
anything that has that swinging beat, the horns, vocal samples and long
building middle section.  DJ Duke and Danell Dixon both have some tracks
out with the "wild pitch" name or just the overall sound.

DJ Pierre himself did quite a few tracks along these lines in 1991-94,
a couple examples include his "Closer" remixes (a collaboration with
DJ Duke), the classic "Shine" remix ("Let your mind/be your sun"),
and of course his own version of London Express.  Some of Danny
Tenaglia's tracks are in a similar vein, as is one of my current
favorites, L.A. Williams' "This is a test" on Chisel.  Older tracks
would include the long side of G.O.D. Unlimited, Spank Da Monkey's
"Shake It Up", Benji Candelario's "Central Park/Rum de Coco", and
my favorite unknown in this category, the original Blakkat on Bush
before Mark Bell adopted the Blakkat name for his subsequent Shaboom
work on his own and with Doc Martin.

This is all what I would call a "peak" sound, meaning these seem to
work best at the peak of a set and you can't play more than about
two of these back to back before you "wear out the floor".  But what
a great sound.  I expect that the real definition of "Wild Pitch"
is "whatever DJ Pierre says it is," but I find a common energy in
all of these tracks.

And of course, there's probably not much directly relevant to 313
here except that I find the Wild Pitch sound very compatible with
my favorite Detroit house and techno.

phred