>Just curious abuot something - is it true that lots of detroit djs take the
>labels off records so nobody knows what tunes they are? i heard that on
>occasion some people stand around the dj with notepads and write down
>everything thats played (hence the peeling off of labels).
>
>True/False?

Not sure where this came from. Far from it, the exact opposite in fact, esp
the old schoolers are very generous as they like to share and promote the
music they play and love and don't need to play those games - their skills
and presence is what makes them great not exclusive records. I think that is
more the UK/European DJs. Also often promos come with no clear labels or
with labels that can fall off with wear and tear so it's my guess that the
DJs themselves genuinely don't know what they are playing or can't remember.