Hi Nath,

After hearing the uneasy funky beatprogramming, one almost immediately thinks of the phusion-sound of West-London. But the fat synths place Ibex, alias DJ/producer Tony Ollivierra, firmly in his 'own' Detroit. The samples are from somewhere in the 70's, but Ollivierra clearly doesn't like nostalgia. This is another proof of the fact that label-owner, Carl Craig is firmly pulling the strings.... But it is however really a great record!!!

Pasta la pizza,

Jorrit Stevens.