Does anyone here know a lot about the early 80s German New Wave (Neue Deutsche Welle) scene?

I have a CD reissue of the first two Der Plan LPs and it credits the production on one of them (c. 1982) to Mike Ink. Is this the same as the Kompakt-Profan-Burger/Ink-Studio1 artist? It would make sense, because Robert Gorl (ex-Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft, also of that scene) keeps making good music even 20 years later, but still it's damn impressive to musically innovate in two separate time periods!

Also, I'm come across the name Moritz "RRR" Reichelt as one of the founders of Der Plan and Ata Tak Records -- is this the same person that recently played on the same bill as Thomas Brinkmann over the summer in Chicago? I dug his set better than Brinkmann's -- that's crazy if it's the same guy. Perhaps they are all just referencing NDW artists as an homage to the past? Any clarification on this matter would be much appreciated.

Lastly, any one in the Chicago area that has early Mute singles, let me know. In lieu of Mute still not reissuing their early singles on CD, I'd like to make a CD-R of Mute 1-10. I have everything except the Non/Smegma single and the Robert Rental single. I would just need to digitize the two singles. thanks.

cheers,
Dave

David Knapik - Web Developer
Northwestern University School of Law - MC B71
(312) 503-2771 | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]