Does anyone here know a lot about the early 80s German New Wave (Neue Deutsche Welle) scene?

i dont ;) but i used to live in cologne

I have a CD reissue of the first two Der Plan LPs and it credits the production on one of them (c. 1982) to Mike Ink. Is this the same as the Kompakt-Profan-Burger/Ink-Studio1 artist? It would make sense, because Robert Gorl (ex-Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft, also of that scene) keeps making good music even 20 years later, but still it's damn impressive to musically innovate in two separate time periods!

well he would have been around 18 or less then,
and as far as i know he was rather into that kind
of music, then working on it at that time.
so guess no. the plan are still active though, fenstermacher
at least. burger used to play with a band called
*les immer essen*

Also, I'm come across the name Moritz "RRR" Reichelt as one of the founders of Der Plan and Ata Tak Records -- is this the same person that recently played on the same bill as Thomas Brinkmann over the summer in Chicago? I dug his set better than Brinkmann's -- that's crazy if it's the same guy. Perhaps they are all just referencing NDW artists as an homage to the past? Any clarification on this matter would be much appreciated.

definitely not. this rrr was formerly known as triple r
used to write for a lot of magazines and threw very nice
partys in cologne, cofounded debug with me and some others
and has two labels now (traum schallplatten and trapez)
and works at the kompakt records store.

cu

bleed / sascha

sascha koesch | dj bleed | debug magazine | zeitschrift fuer elektronische lebensaspekte
communication: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | icq 72406259 | http://www.de-bug.de
surface: debug | brunnenstr.196 | 10119 berlin | germany
voice: tel: +49-30-28384458 | fax:+49-30-28384459 | mobile: 0179-4629-303