The sets by Brinkmann and Triple R are archived @ www.paxahau.com

Also, yes that is the same Mike Ink whos real name is actually Wolfgang Voigt. Try the Circonium web page for background info and a discography for him. As for the RRR reference I am not sure as the RRR that played with Brinkmann is Riley Reihnard who runs TRAUM records out of Cologne and works at Wolfgang Voigts KOMPAKT store. So I am not sure if they are the same.

Jared Wilson
FTM REcords

From: David Knapik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] Mike Ink, RRR, and early 80s Neue Deutsche Welle?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:07:47 -0800

Does anyone here know a lot about the early 80s German New Wave (Neue
Deutsche Welle) scene?

I have a CD reissue of the first two Der Plan LPs and it credits the
production on one of them (c. 1982) to Mike Ink.  Is this the same as the
Kompakt-Profan-Burger/Ink-Studio1 artist?  It would make sense, because
Robert Gorl (ex-Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft, also of that scene)
keeps making good music even 20 years later, but still it's damn impressive
to musically innovate in two separate time periods!

Also, I'm come across the name Moritz "RRR" Reichelt as one of the founders
of Der Plan and Ata Tak Records -- is this the same person that recently
played on the same bill as Thomas Brinkmann over the summer in Chicago?  I
dug his set better than Brinkmann's -- that's crazy if it's the same
guy.  Perhaps they are all just referencing NDW artists as an homage to the
past?   Any clarification on this matter would be much appreciated.

Lastly, any one in the Chicago area that has early Mute singles, let me
know.  In lieu of Mute still not reissuing their early singles on CD, I'd
like to make a CD-R of Mute 1-10.  I have everything except the Non/Smegma
single and the Robert Rental single.  I would just need to digitize the two
singles.  thanks.

cheers,
Dave

David Knapik - Web Developer
Northwestern University School of Law - MC B71
(312) 503-2771 | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]