humans by nature resist change.  they would rather stick to something that
feels familiar.  Especially if it comes to things that are material.  Or a
way of keeping time.  people become very defensive when it comes to change.
I am not saying that this MP3 thing is good or bad.  I don't know since my
only exposure to it is through this meduim.  I don't think that people will
take kindly to it, especially the old schoolers.  The people at +8 are
always looking for new and exciting things.  I believe that this is
something that may get dropped rather quickly by Richie.  As for John, I
don't know.  I really don't know much about the guy other then the fact that
he has one of the largest record collections of anyone i have ever heard of.
I don't think that someone like him would have their performance hurt by
something like this.  I believe that he has such a vast knowlege of music
and he knows how to read a crowd well enough to keep spontanaity in his
sets.  I am sure his computer has so many tracks loaded into it that he
could play a different set every night and not repeat a track for a couple
of years (slight exaggeration)...But I don't think that someone like Derrick
May would resort to this.  He is a purist.  plain and simple.  and i think
all purists stick to what they know.  The people who came up with this idea
are not evil for wanting change, they just had an idea and want it to work.
No one should be angry with the people who think change is a good thing.
sometimes it is.  but in my eyes today, i can't see this working.  the way
computer technology has been going for the past 5 years MP3's will become
outdated in the next 2 years.  there will be a new file format and it will
have DVD quality sound.  and no one will want to use the present format
anymore.  vinyl has stood the test of time, and it isn't going to disappear
anytime soon.

JEFF!