i play on groovetech most every week (have a regular 10 to noon
pst slot on saturdays but travel quite a bit lately so others fill
in.)  at any rate, for me, i am definately guilty of playing more of
the song before mixing (and sometimes not mixing at all.)  i know i
will get flack from some zealants out there but i do not believe
that every time i step behind the decks i have to produce a mix or
art or whatever.  i am presenting music that i happen to want to
listen to that morning.  i do not have a chance to really listen to
music during the week, i mean sit down and focus on the music, so i
use my radio time to explore new arrivals and re-fresh on the old
and nelected.  of course, i tend also to play songs that i do not
often play out, it is also about context.  call me craze, but i can
not wake up saturday morning and pop off 2 hours of dancefloor
pumpers before noon:)

if i felt comforatble with a mic, i probably do at least some of
the time what TP has talked about:  playing tracks beginning to end
and talk about the song and the history.  personally, i feel a lot
is lost between the legends and whatever is newest and greatest.

cheers.

ben sims.