i know exactly how that goes.  sonce i am in the navy i am constantly on the
run.  since i have started spinning i have only had maybe 2 months of solid
practicing.  i get back and start up again after being away for a couple of
weeks and it seems like i just started.  it gets horrible.  i am afraid to
hear what i sound like when i get back after this six month deployment.  i
have been away from the game for awhile, and now i have to start from
scratch.  i am going to have someone help me, that is how confident i am
that i am going to be horrible.
I have been in there and cut my teeth though.  after i had a good 2 months
of practicing i went to a house party and "cut my teeth"  they let me spin
for half an hour and it was filled with mistakes.  i was pretty nervous
since it was my first time spinning anywhere for anyone.  some trance DJ
showed up and spun for 3 or 4 hours while i got some beer in me.  i came
back on later that night and did just fine.  no mistakes and i actually had
people asking me for tapes.  i didn't do anything special, just mixed
cleanly.  people there hadn't heard any of the records before since it was
techno and i was in a house city, so i think that is why i sparked some
interest.

JEFF!