"It should be noted that almost everyone advocating staying in downtown
Detroit during the DEMF does not live there, nor have they spent any
reasonable amount of time there.  I would suggest trying to find
opinions off the list from people who are more willing to be candid."

Really people.  Detroit today is not the same as it was 20 years ago.  It
amazes me whenever I return home how much the city has improved.  It amazes
me almost as much to see how the suburbs have declined.....Good god, didn't
sterling heights have enough strip malls in 1990 :-)

If you have any sort of city smarts, you will not have problems in detroit.

"But if you do decide to stay there then don't stay anywhere except the
Athenium!"

Amen!

jim

http://www.mp3.com/zarathustra