In a message dated 2/13/01 7:03:02 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Actually, I've always wanted to know what 'problem' he has with out and
>out
>dancefloor music. For instance: He often says he doesn't like to use bass
>
>drums, because it's an easy way out / cheap trick / whatever. seemingly
>
>falling into the rather elitist pov that "dancefloor material is less
>intelligent'"...

Perhaps he feels he's "been there, done that".  Also I remember him saying
that he doesn't use bass drums because he feels that that is not the
most important part of the "song" or "track", the melody is...I'm
sure we all agree on that from all that we've ever heard from Derrick.
I think its kinda unfair to say "elitist pov" and if he is, I guess he has
a right to be.

Glyph