hi

Recently i was talking to my local indapendent record
store (in canberra, Australia).  I was asking why is
it that they hardly get any detroit stuff and the
stuff they do get only comes from certain record
labels(planet e, axis), but somehow they seem to get a
lot of average-shit music in.

It was explained to me that it is to do with what the
australian distrubutors get in.  The reason why planet
e and axis turn up is because they are run alot more
efeciantly than some of the other detroit labels.

Then i was told that they tried to get around this
problem by getting an account straight from submerge,
only there was one big problem when trying to do this.
 You need to buy ten copies of the same 12" to get an
account with them.
There is know way that this store, although not small,
can afford to buy 10 because they wont be able to move
them all.  They said if it was taken down to about 4
they will take the risk and try it out.

Think about it how is the average joe blow going to
discover this wonderful music if they cant pick it up
or accidently stumble across it.

Has anybody had a similar problem to this or have any
hints to work it out.

thanx

Sam