On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, nancy mitchell wrote:
> thought some people on this list would find this
> article I got from another list interesting:
>

> http://www.arizonarepublic.com/ae/articles/0304crossover04.html

Yeah yeah. I think this is a gimmick. I also think this is hilarious:

"Radar, the single-monikered Valley man who will be the solo
turntablist in Wednesday's concert, is one of the best-known
deejays in the country." ... "Radar's one of the world's best
scratchers," Brown says. "In this concerto, he's trying to show that
the turntable is an instrument, capable of melodies and articulations."

Now I realize I'm an over the hill rube from Iowa, but I've never heard
of this guy -- did he do DMC tournament while I was in a coma?
Is he the fabled 5th X-ecutioner? Cut Chemist's long lost baby sister's boy?
I think not!

You want to hear classical music and techno?  Get Tintonton Duvante's
"Selections for Intercourse" where he's written arrangements for live
string quartet.  Better than Radar Man whoever the hell that is scratching
in a tux.