From: "*** ASKEW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] Common Factor
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:46:56

Joel wrote:
What can you guys tell me about Common Factor. Kind of reminds me of
Chris Nazuka, has quite a few releases out but no one has really heard
of him.

Common Factor is AKA Mr Nick Calingaert. He's clocked up quite a few
releases now, mainly on Planet E ('Pisces Groove', 'Expanded EP' etc),
but he's also put stuff out on labels like Paper and SSR. He's a great
DJ (although he hardly plays out in Chicago) and also performs an
excellent live P.A (with MPC 3000, Juno et al). I guess you could
describe his music as House... but it really has an overall modern club
sound (much like alot of the current Planet E 'sound'), that takes in
alot of electronic music's influences (both recent and distant). If
you're into Detroit flavoured music... I'd definitely recommend
tracking down some of his releases.

Check out the latest Dan Curtain 12" (on Metamorphic?) which features
new remixes by Common Factor and Recloose. Also, for the Australian
313-ers... there are rumours Common Factor will be back for DJ gigs in
late April.

cheers
~Askew